Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This simple, fast meal is one that has kept me and my family fed for years. It is, at its core, a very simple sautee plus boiled rice. You can, and I do, however, add a little subtlety to this dish and make it one that guests will remember sublimely.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 2 cups Italian dressing
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups rice
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- In a small mixing bowl, pour italian dressing and add diced chicken and spices. Mix and allow to stand so spices will penetrate the chicken.
- In a medium saucepot, bring water to boil and add rice.
- Heat a large skillet or saucepan and add the chicken when a drop of water bounces off and/or sizzles and evaporates quickly. Stir frequently and sautee evenly.
- Allow the juices from the chicken and the dressing to reduce around the chicken to form a spicy coating on the outside of each piece.
- When the sauce is almost gone, add butter and stir to coat chicken evenly. Chicken should brown immediately and be ready to remove from heat within moments.
- Rice should be done, so strain and mix in another 1/4 cup of butter.
- Serve with whole kernel corn or broccoli for best effect.