Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this recipe some place on the internet. It makes a nice buttercream frosting for wedding cakes. I really like this frosting recipe it does taste just like basic wedding cake frosting. You can use dark vanilla extract but it will discolor the frosting.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons clear vanilla extract
- 8 cups powdered sugar
- Cream together softened butter, shortening and milk with an electric mixer.
- Next add the clear vanilla extract.
- Then add the powdered sugar slowly.
- Note: 2 pounds of powdered sugar is 8 cups.
Delicious frosting! I used this on a basic white cake for a birthday party...really good! Thanks for sharing.
I used all butter flavored Crisco and it was so yummy.. Thank you for posting..I used to make a birthday cake that was layers like a wedding cake and it was easy to work with and stayed nice till the even..