Fluffy and Yummy Buttercream Frosting
This is a wonderful Buttercream frosting I use for cakes I make. It is a sweet and fluffy icing. I took a cake decorating class at Michaels and the teacher gave us this recipe, and I love it!! One recipe will provide more than enough for a two layer cake.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup vegetable shortening (use white not butter-flavored)
- 1 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons clear vanilla (the dark tints the color of icing)
- 4 tablespoons milk or 4 tablespoons water
- 2 lbs powdered sugar
- Cream Butter in a mixing bowl with an electric mixer.
- Add shortening and cream together.
- Add powdered sugar, vanilla, milk or water.
- Mix on low for one minute.
- Scrape the sides of your bowl with a plastic spatula.
- Mix on high till light and fluffy (about 5 minutes).