Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This sweet and spicy fruit salad makes a refreshing side dish with a summer meal. The salt and chile balance the sweetness of the fruit and provide the perfect savory note. Recipe is from Whole Foods and states it is good for the following diets: Low-sodium, Vegan, Vegetarian, Dairy-free, and Gluten-free.
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onions
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 serrano chili, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 6 cups seedless watermelon, cut in 1 inch cubes
- 4 cups strawberries, hulled and halved
- In a large bowl, whisk together onions, lime juice, salt, chiles and cilantro. Drizzle in oil while continuing to whisk constantly.
- Add watermelon and strawberries and toss gently to coat. Serve immediately.
SWEET..... refreshingly yummy. I kicked it up using Recipe #397737. I did use cilantro so the salad is all mine. DH doesn`t like cilantro. But he enjoyed the rest of the melon. Too bad for him. :) Part of our Menu #66619. Thanks
Refreshing. I used sweet onion instead of red, freshly squeezed lime juice, sea salt, cayenne pepper powder in place of the serrano chili, to taste, unrefined extra virgin olive oil, plus the rest of the ingredients. I cut the strawberries smaller than halves because they were pretty big. Made for ZWT7 South & Central America, for my team, Food.Commandos
Delicious! Thanks so much for posting!