Recipe by Soupysales
I'm trying this after reviewing a variety of sherbet and sorbet recipes. I used to make this with leftover watermelon in the summer, but can't find the recipe I used, so this is my best shot, we'll see how it goes...
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups artificial sweetener (Splenda, or sweetener of choice)
- 2 limes, juice of
- 3⁄4 cup cold water
- 1⁄2 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- 8 cups pureed watermelon
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine 3/4 cup water, sweetener, and lime juice in a saucepan, bring to a boil, then remove from heat. Meanwhile, soften gelatin in 3/4 cup cold water.
- Combine cold gelatin mixture and heated syrup mixture, then mix with watermelon puree.
- Freeze according to ice-cream maker instructions.