Prep 45 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I found this recipe in the June 2007 Southern Living magazine. This is so good! I can't wait for my Grand-girls to come up so I can serve this to them. I know I will be serving this for our Independence Day Celebrations! Cook time is freeze time.
- 8 cups watermelon, cubes
- 1 1⁄2 cups ginger ale
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen limeade concentrate
- Place watermelon cubes in a single layer in an extra-large zip top plastic freezer bag and freeze 8 hours. Let stand at room temperature 15 minutes.
- Process half each watermelon, ginger ale, water and limeade concentrate in a blender until smooth; pour mixture into a pitcher. Repeat procedure with remaining half of ingredients; stir into pitcher and serve immediately.
- To serve, coat the glass rims in lime juice and dip in lime zest or mint (optional). Melon balls on wooden picks add a colorful garnish.
- *Honeydew Cooler - Substitute 8 cups (1/2 inch) honeydew melon cubes for watermelon cubes and 1 (6oz) can frozen lemonade concentrate for limeade concentrate; proceed as directed.
- **Cantaloupe Cooler - Substitute 8 cups (1/2 inch) cantaloupe melon cubes for watermelon cubes and add 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger to mixture in blender. Proceed as directed.