Recipe by bananabreadeater
Absolutely amazing!!! The watermelon really adds to the flavor! Great for beef or ribs especially on the grill but also good to marinade.
Top Review by AlainaF
Yikes, for some reason my previous review didn't get posted. Anyhow, this sauce was delicious and sweet and I basted my baked chicken breasts with it and it was very tasty. Will make this again, maybe for some ribs, thanks for posting! Made for My 3 Chefs 2012.
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 cup diced watermelon
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the melon into pieces and place in a saucepan.
- Cook it uncovered over medium heat until the melon is the consistency of applesauce (approximately 2−3 hours).
- Stir it occasionally. Add remaining ingredients.
- Simmer uncovered over low heat for 2 hours.
- Allow to cool to room temperature before using.