Recipe by Outta Here
A refreshing chilled dish for summertime. From a local TV cooking show. Cook time does not include time for syrup to cool.
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 jalapenos, stemmed and sliced into thin rounds
- 1⁄2 small watermelon, cut into small cubes (round type melon)
- 1 small pineapple, ripe, peeled and cut into small triangles
- 4 mint sprigs, for garnish (fresh)
- 1 jalapeno, sliced, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- To make the jalapeño syrup, stir the lime juice, sugar and water in a small pan over medium-low heat, without boiling, until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Bring to the boil, then lower to a simmer. Continue to simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, without stirring, or until thick and syrupy.
- Add the jalapeño; cook for 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Arrange the fruit on individual plates and drizzle with the syrup.
- Garnish with mint leaves and fresh jalapeño slices.
- Serve chilled.