Recipe by evelyn/athens
This is the Runner-Up recipe for 1992 in the San Francisco Chronicle, by Jacqueline Higuera McMahan.
Top Review by joanna_giselle
This was very nice and very refreshing. My kids LOVED it but I found it a bit too sweet and would probably add only one tablespoon of sugar next time. A much healthier alternative to cordial or long-life packaged fruit juice.
- 6 cups diced watermelon
- 3 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon watermelon seeds
- lime slice (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Puree half of the fruit in a blender with 1 cup of the water.
- Pour into a clear pitcher.
- Add the remaining fruit and water to the blender, along with the sugar and lime juice; puree.
- Combine with the juice in the pitcher.
- Stir in the reserved seeds.
- Refrigerate until chilled.
- Serve over ice in clear glasses; garnish with lime.