Recipe by Mindi Bunch
My mom used to say that this is called Watergate Cake because it's full of nuts! This is one of my favorites. All the other cake recipes I've seen by this name have lemon-lime carbonated soda. This one does not.
- 1 (18 ounce) package white cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1⁄2 cup nuts
- 2 (1 1/3 ounce) packages Dream Whip topping mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box pistachio pudding mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
Directions See How It's Made
- For cake, mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Transfer to floured 13x9 inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- For topping, mix all ingredients and spread on cake when cool.
- Must be refrigerated.