Recipe by VegSocialWorker
From The Natural Gourmet by Annmarie Colbin. This is a tasty salad, very different for us. The spicy flavor of the watercress and radish sprouts go well with the salty flavor of the umeboshi paste. Says you can use 2 umeboshi plums, pitted instead of the paste. I did not have avocado oil and used extra virgin olive oil instead. Original recipe says it serves six, but it made 4 small side salads for us.
- 2 bunches watercress
- 1⁄2 cup radish sprouts
- 6 tablespoons tamari-roasted pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon umeboshi, paste
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup soft tofu
- 6 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove the thick stems from the watercress and wash well. Place the leaves in a bowl with the sprouts.
- To make the dressing: Combine avocado oil, umeboshi, lemon juice, tofu and water in a blender or food processor and blend until creamy.
- Toss the watercress and sprouts with the dressing just before serving.
- Top with pumpkin seeds and serve.