Recipe by Bergy
This is not only an attractive salad but very tasty as well.
Top Review by Derf
Very good salad, nice change from the ususal greens. Love the watercress and radicchio and the goat cheese made it special. Particularly enjoyed the dressing, the fresh herbs do make a difference. Thanks for sharing Bergy will be doing this one again!!
- 16 whole green beans, washed,frenched,cooked for 1 minute and drained well (frenched=thinly sliced on the diagonal)
- 1 bunch watercress, washed,dried and stems removed
- 1⁄2 head lettuce, washed,dried and torn into small pieces
- 1 head radicchio, washed,dried and torn into small pieces
- 2 ounces of soft goat cheese, crumbled (or use Feta)
- 2 tablespoons mixed fresh herbs (Your choice E.G.oregano, thyme, chives, marjoram)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3⁄4 cup lite olive oil (or other salad oil)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the herbs in food processor and chop.
- With the processor running drop in the garlic and mince.
- Add egg yolk,vinegar, mustard and salt process for 1/2 minute.
- With the machine rtunning slowly add the oil through the feed tube.
- Process for a few seconds after the oil has been added.
- Just before serving combine beans, watercress, lettuce, radicchio& cheese in a chilled bowl.
- Toss with dressing (use as much or as little as you like).
- Season with Pepper.