Recipe by MizzNezz
Very old cookie recipe. Made a few of these in my time!! Soooo goood!!
Top Review by Norma2
For anyone who read my comments on these need to know there obviously is no peanut butter in these cookies. They are, however, very, very good. (I got mixed up with another recipe; senior moment, sorry!) I intend to make them again and again.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon hot water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter, brown sugar, and egg.
- Stir together baking soda and water.
- Add to creamed mixture.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Shape into walnut sized balls.
- Place on greased cookie sheets.
- Flatten with fork.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 325F degrees for 15 minutes.