Wasabi and panko coated scallops served over Asian seaweed salad. After mixing the cream give it a taste to adjust the wasabi to your liking.
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 teaspoons wasabi powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger juice (fresh ginger grated and squeezed)
- 2 drops sesame oil
- 1⁄4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 lb dry sea scallops, washed and dried
- 2 cups wakame seaweed, salad (prepared seaweed salad available in Asain markets or at the Sushi baror make it Seaweed Salad)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Lightly oil sheet pan.
- Mix the cream ingredients together. Spread cream on one side of scallops then top with flakes. Place coated side down on pan and repeat on top side.
- Place in oven for 2-3 minutes. Turn on broiler to low.
- Carefully flip the scallops and broil till toasted. About 1-2 minutes. Be sure to watch constantly. Do not over cook.
- Serve over seaweed salad with pickled ginger.