Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Wasabi is very hot horseradish. This combined with pineapple, sugar and other ingredients is very refreshing spread on Rye Cocktail Bread Squares. It is also very delicious spread on celery sticks. Nice to take to a potluck or social cocktail party. It is also great as a gift for Thanksgiving dinner or the day after Christmas when friends and neighbors are eating leftovers. (Prep time does not include Refrigeration time)
- In large mixng bowl add cheese, turn beaters on low speed.
- Mix on low speed, until softened and smooth.
- Slowly add sugar a little at a time until mixed.
- Add crushed peas, chopped olives with pimentos and Worchestershire Sauce. Mix.
- Add pineapple and nutmeg and fold in to mixture.
- Do not use beaters for the final step.
- Form into soft ball or mound into a disposable dish.
- Place Plastic over the Dish.
- Refrigerate overnight or 4-6 hours before presenting.
- Place a Bow on the Rye Loaf and the top of the Covered Dish.
- Presentation: Refrigerate until serving. Spread on attached Rye Cocktail Loaf or Crackers or Celery Sticks.
- Card: A gift for you for all you do.
- Love and Blessings.
Although a creative use of contest ingredients this recipe wasn't a hit for my family. While I enjoyed the savory elements I found the cheeseball excessively sweet and the nutmeg too much of a top note. The combination of olives, wasabi peas, and pineapple were colorful and the chilled mixture did form nicely into a ball. Thank you for sharing your contest entry & I look forward to trying more of your recipes! =)