Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
The woman who does may nails gave me this recipe. What a great hors d'oeuvre or a refreshing lunch on a hot day! They remind me of Sushi hence the name. I'm only giving you one filling but the possibilities are endless. I've even used imatation crab or lobster for my lunch.
- 4 English seedless cucumbers (peeled)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise (or lite to reduce fat)
- 4 teaspoons wasabi paste
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 ounces radishes (sliced into thin strips, radish sprouts, or pea shoots, or bean sprouts trimmed to 1 inch lengths)
- 1⁄2 lb lump crabmeat (picked over)
- PREPARE CUCUMBER CUPS.
- Cut cucumbers crosswise into generous 1/2 inch slices.
- Cut a fluted round from each slice using a cookie cutter, then scoop out some flesh from the center with a melon-ball cutter. LEAVE BOTTOM INTACT.
- Whisk together mayo, wasabi paste and lime juice.
- Stir together wasabi mayo, crab, radish strips, and sprouts.
- Fill cucumber cups with filling and chill.
Nice salad. Next time I will add some nori and some sesame seeds. I served it with some pickled ginger on top.