Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This Japanese style salad is designed as a side salad, almost a garnish, in which a little goes a long way.
- 1⁄2 lb egg noodles, cooked
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1 tablespoon wasabi paste
- After draining the noodles during the cooking of them, mix the noodles with the sesame oil. This will allow them to not stick together. Chill the noodles.
- Combine sauce ingredients throughly and chill.
- When ready to make, combine noodles, carrot, green onions and sauce and serve topped with sesame seeds.
Perfect for us the way it was. Served with Tuna and wasabi sauce.
Wonderful, tasty and easy-to-make side dish. I made this as written -- we loved the flavours. The heat really cleaned out my sinuses. In future I would cut the wasabi back to 2/3 tablespoon. Thanks for such a powerful recipe. Yummo!
WOW, what a yummy salad. It was simple and delicious and enjoyed by all of us. I used soba noodles instead of egg noodles as that's what I had on hand and I think they are good in Japanese cold noodle salads. I also used grated fresh ginger as I didn't think ground ginger would be as good. Step one is a little confusing, but I cooked and drained the noodles, then tossed them in the sesame oil.