Hot Asian Noodles With Broccoli
- Ready In:
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut bite-size
- 2⁄3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, shredded (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, sliced
- Cook pasta as package directs, adding broccoli for the last 6 minutes.
- Put peanut butter, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic and crushed red pepper flakes in a medium bowl.
- Drain pasta and broccoli, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid. Return pasta to pot.
- Add reserved cooking liquid to peanut butter mixture, stir until smooth. Then add to pasta.
- Toss to mix and coat. Top with carrots and scallions and toss again.
Join The Conversation
Very quick and easy, very delicious. I was out of cider vinegar (note to self, need cider vinegar), so I used white wine vinegar, and I added extra vegetables, some zucchini, mushrooms, baby sweetcorn, and snap peas, because I had them, and they go well with this sort of dish. We finished it all - no leftovers!- and enjoyed it very much. An excellent midweek supper. Made in loving memory of Stacy, a very special lady, taken too soon.