Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 1⁄3 cup cranberry sauce, crushed
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rum or 1⁄4 teaspoon orange extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 8 ounces brie cheese
- 2 tablespoons pecans, chopped
- Peel off top rind of 1 round (8 oz.) brie cheese, leaving a 1/4-inch rim.
- Combine cranberry sauce, brown sugar, extract and nutmeg.
- Top brie with cranberry mixture and sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- Bake in 500°F oven 4-5 minutes.
- Serve with assorted crackers.
I used triple sec instead of the rum which made it AWESOME. Great flavor and one of my favorite Brie recipes. Thanks for sharing!
This was good, no question about it. Actually it was really funny--my friend who was over kept saying, "I don't like sweet with Brie" and then she'd take some more and eat it up! Something was just a bit off about the flavor though that kept it from being great. Not sure quite what. As I said, it was tasty. I used the orange extract, not the rum, and omitted the pecans due to an allergy. I definitely want to make it again and fiddle a bit.