Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Delicious & simple appetizer I discovered at The Hungry Hallow Cafe in Digby, NS.
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 1⁄4 cup honey dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 5 ounces brie cheese
- 2 apples, sliced
- 0.5 (300 g) box crackers
- Carefully peel off the skin of the brie along the top and side (bottom optional).
- Mix orange marmalade and honey dijon mustard.
- Warm this sauce in microwave or over stove-top, low heat.
- Place generous amount of almond slivers on top of the brie, then place in broiler (on the lowest rack) for a few minutes, until the almonds are toasted. The brie should be warmed, but retain its shape.
- Pour sauce over the brie, allowing extra to drizzle onto the plate.
- Serve with crackers and apple slices on the side, to dip into the brie.