Warmed Cranberry Brie
- Ready In:
- 1⁄3 cup cranberry sauce, crushed
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rum or 1/4 teaspoon orange extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 8 ounces brie cheese
- 2 tablespoons pecans, chopped
- Peel off top rind of 1 round (8 oz.) brie cheese, leaving a 1/4-inch rim.
- Combine cranberry sauce, brown sugar, extract and nutmeg.
- Top brie with cranberry mixture and sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- Bake in 500°F oven 4-5 minutes.
- Serve with assorted crackers.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was good, no question about it. Actually it was really funny--my friend who was over kept saying, "I don't like sweet with Brie" and then she'd take some more and eat it up! Something was just a bit off about the flavor though that kept it from being great. Not sure quite what. As I said, it was tasty. I used the orange extract, not the rum, and omitted the pecans due to an allergy. I definitely want to make it again and fiddle a bit.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Very busy nanny/au pair, working for a very rich and snooty family, in a very large home, in a very snooty village. Just in case my employer comes here, please don't ask where I am from, or I'll be sacked like the last nanny was. ;-) I take care of 4 gorgeous, and darling kids. 3 girls and a boy. The boy is the youngest (and my favorite). They are great children, very, very active. (Hyper) I love to cook. I guess that's a given, why else would I be here. Part of my job is also to prepare meals for the family. The more they like my food, the longer I get to stay. (just a little joke) On my day off, I usually go out to the cinema or some dance clubs with the other au pairs in this town. That's about it I think.