Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Roy Yamaguchi's cookbook, 'Hawaii Cooks'
Make and share this Warm Tofu Salad of Wilted Greens and Macadamia Nuts recipe from Food.com.
- 20 ounces firm tofu
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seven mixed spice
- 2 tablespoons macadamia nut oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 ounce fresh shiitake mushroom, musrooms sliced, about 1/2 cup
- 1 cup chopped mustard greens
- 1⁄2 cup sugar snap pea
- 1⁄2 cup bean sprouts
- 1⁄2 cup spinach leaves
- 1⁄2 cup radicchio
- 1 cup watercress, leaves and stems
- 3⁄4 ounce mung bean noodles, about 1/2 cup dry, soaked in water
- 2 tablespoons dark miso
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 cups mesclun, for garnish
- 1⁄4 cup chopped macadamia nuts, for garnish
- Cut the tofu into triangle, shaped pieces about 1/2 inch thick. Lay the pieces on paper towels and press gently with more paper towels to remove excess moisture. Season each piece with salt and shichimi.
- Heat a nonstick saute pan over high heat and add 1 1/2 tablespoons of the macadamia nut oil. Sear the tofu for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until golden brow. Drain on papers towels and keep warm.
- Place a wok over high heat and add the remaining 1/2 tablespoons macadamia nut oil and the sesame oil. Add the garlic and ginger and stir-fry for 20 to 30 seconds, until barely light golden brown. Add the mushrooms, mustard greens, snap peas, bean sprouts, spinach, radicchio, and watercress and stir-fry for 2 minutes, or until vegetables begin to wilt. Add the noodles, moromiso, and fish sauce, mix well, and stir-fry for 1 minute to blend the seasonings. Remove from the heat.
- To serve, divide the friend tofu among the 4 plates. Top each with mesclun and stir-fried vegetables. Sprinkle with macadamia nuts and serve immediately.