Had this at my frined Judy's house and it was awesome! At first, I was put-off but was convinced to try it and it was awesome! My friend Judy, found this in Cottage Living.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar, divided
- sea salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 6 slices bacon
- 5 ounces baby spinach leaves, rinsed and drained (about 5 cups)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 ounces chevre cheese or 2 ounces other soft fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F
- 2Toss sweet potato with olive oil and 1 tablespoon vinegar; add sea salt and pepper.
- 3Spread in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet.
- 4Place bacon along edges of sheet.
- 5Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until bacon is crisp.
- 6Remove bacon, and drain on a paper towel; let cool, and break into bite-size pieces.
- 7Stir sweet potato to coat with bacon drippings, and bake 15 to 20 more minutes or until tender and golden brown around edges.
- 8Place spinach in a large bowl; add warm potato, scraping drippings from pan into bowl.
- 9Add remaining vinegar and parsley, and gently toss to mix.
- 10Add bacon and chevre, and divide evenly onto plates.
- 11Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Warm Spinach Salad With Bacon, Sweet Potatoes, and Chèvre
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 275.9
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 34.3 mg
- Sodium 403.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 8.5 g