Prep 15 mins
Cook 24 mins
Had this at my frined Judy's house and it was awesome! At first, I was put-off but was convinced to try it and it was awesome! My friend Judy, found this in Cottage Living.
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar, divided
- sea salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 6 slices bacon
- 5 ounces baby spinach leaves, rinsed and drained (about 5 cups)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 ounces chevre cheese or 2 ounces other soft fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Toss sweet potato with olive oil and 1 tablespoon vinegar; add sea salt and pepper.
- Spread in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Place bacon along edges of sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until bacon is crisp.
- Remove bacon, and drain on a paper towel; let cool, and break into bite-size pieces.
- Stir sweet potato to coat with bacon drippings, and bake 15 to 20 more minutes or until tender and golden brown around edges.
- Place spinach in a large bowl; add warm potato, scraping drippings from pan into bowl.
- Add remaining vinegar and parsley, and gently toss to mix.
- Add bacon and chevre, and divide evenly onto plates.
- Serve warm.