- 10 ounces fresh spinach leaves, washed, dried, and stemmed
- 1 medium avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 pomegranate, seeds only
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 3 slices bacon, uncooked
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄8 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place torn spinach leaves, avocado slices, pomegranate seeds, and sliced mushrooms into a large bowl and set aside.
- In a skillet, fry bacon slices until crisp and remove from pan. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon of fat.
- Over medium heat, mix fat, sugar, vinegar, oil, and pepper. Heat through, stirring occasionally, until sugar has dissolved.
- Crumble bacon over salad, pour hot dressing over, toss and serve.