Recipe by Lainey6605
This sweet and soothing beverage makes a nice after dinner drink. Recipe is from The Ski Country Cookbook, by Barbara Scott-Goodman.
Top Review by LilPinkieJ
Oh so goooood! Nice and sweet, but not too much. I used Captain Morgan spiced rum. I also mixed red and green apples for a Christmas-y look. I have been asked to make this for our Christmas dinner this year. Awesome! Made and Reviewed for ANZ 12 Days of Christmas Recipe Swap - Thanks! :)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 6 whole cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 6 cups fresh apple cider
- 12 ounces dark rum
- apple, slices for garnish
- cinnamon stick, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- In large saucepan, heat butter over medium heat.
- Add sugar, raisins, cloves and cinnamon sticks.
- Cook, stirring, until sugar has caramelized, 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in cider.
- Return to heat, and bring just to simmer, stirring.
- Remove from heat, stir in rum; ladle into cups.
- Garnish each drink with an apple slice and a cinnamon stick.