Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A delicious alternative to an old standard.
- 1 lb tiny new potatoes, no need to peel
- 6 shallots, sliced thin
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, minced
- 1⁄3 cup parsley or 1⁄3 cup dill or 1⁄3 cup chives, chopped (your choice)
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup flavoured oil, of choice
- salt and pepper
- Steam Potatoes until just tender, drain& set aside in a bowl.
- Add red onions and shallots to potatoes.
- In a seperate bowl whisk together the herbs, horseradish, white wine vinegar, oil of choice and salt and pepper.
- Pour over warm potatoes.
- Serve at room temperature.
This is a nice side dish that would compliment a variety of meals. I chose this as one of the recipes for November 2004 Pick A Chef. My hubby liked the zing of the horseradish (I added a bit more). I liked the tang of the vinegar. I used baby dutch yellow potatoes and a mixture of chives and parsley. I omitted the red onion because I didn't have any on hand and sautéed the shallots for just a bit in some olive oil to release their sweetness. (They were still a bit crunchy.) So simple, but good. Thanks for posting.