Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These melt in your mouth. Serve with coffee ice cream cream for a nice variation.
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped coarsely
- 1⁄2 cup butter, unsalted
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon coffee liqueur
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Butter 6 ramekins or custard cups.
- In small saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate and butter, stirring often, until chocolate is nearly melted. Remove from heat and stir until chocolate is melted.
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs, yolks and sugar with an electric mixer until mix is thick, about 4 minutes. Beat in flour, 1 T at a time. Add liqueur and chocolate mixture and beat until light and fluffy, about 4 more minutes.
- Divide among ramekins. Place on baking sheet and bake until tops are just firm and rounded and cake begins pulling away from the sides. approximately 18-20 minutes. Let the cakes stand a few minutes then run a knife around the edges to loosen them. Invert onto dessert plates. Scoop on ice cream or top with whip or berries per your preference.
This is good. I am doing a lower carb diet but still need my sugar fix and this was a great way to get the fix. You do need to heat the leftovers or it's not the same.