Recipe by jessicafrye
I love these types of sandwiches when I go to delis and restaurants. I found this recipe online in an article by a woman named Harriet Hodgson and had to put it on here. I altered the recipe slightly to make it just the way that I want to eat it! I haven't tried them but will be making them soon!
- 1 peeled and cored fresh pineapple (from the grocery store)
- 1 loaf asiago cheese focaccia bread (suggested type)
- 8 ounces provolone cheese
- 8 ounces of thinly sliced ham
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the pineapple into six slices and set aside.
- Using a bread knife, cut the Focaccia in half horizontally. Butter the underside of the top half. Drizzle a generous amount of honey over the butter. Spread Dijon mustard on the bottom half of the loaf.
- Layer ham and Provolone in circles over the bread.
- Put the top on and set the sandwich on a baking pan. Cover with release foil and bake for 15 minutes.Remove the foil and place the pineapple rings on top of the ham and provolone. Bake 5 minutes more.
- Cut into pie-shaped wedges and serve with fresh pineapple.