1/1 Photo of Warm Double-Chocolate Brownie Cakes
1 hr 22 mins
From delish.com - Brownie meets cake in this fun dessert from Emily Luchetti, a cookbook author and the executive pastry chef at San Francisco's Farallon. She bakes the batter in muffin cups so the edges turn crispy and chewy like a brownie, but the inside becomes soft and fluffy like a cake. **The brownie cakes can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature up to 2 days. Rewarm cakes before serving. Prep time includes cooling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Butter and flour 8 cups in a standard-size muffin pan.
- 3In a small saucepan, melt butter. Add milk chocolate and whisk until melted; let cool slightly.
- 4In a small bowl, whisk cake flour with all-purpose flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, and salt.
- 5In a large bowl, using a handheld electric mixer, beat eggs with sugar at medium speed until pale and thick, about 5 minutes.
- 6Beat in vanilla extract.
- 7Beat in melted chocolate mixture and dry ingredients in 3 additions, scraping down bowl occasionally with a spatula.
- 8Stir in remaining chopped chocolate.
- 9Spoon cake batter into prepared muffin cups and bake about 22 minutes, until cakes are risen and springy.
- 10Let cakes cool in muffin pan 15 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and let cool 15 minutes longer.
- 11Serve cakes warm, with ice cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Warm Double-Chocolate Brownie Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 355.8
- Calories from Fat 194
- Total Fat 21.6 g
- Saturated Fat 13.2 g
- Cholesterol 88.7 mg
- Sodium 180.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 28.0 g
- Protein 4.9 g