Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a yummy summer salad I got from my MIL.
- 5 medium red potatoes, about 2 lbs
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 20 minutes or until tender.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Drain potatoes and cut into cubes.
- Add the mayonnaise mixture and toss gently to coat.
- Serve immediately.
This is my favorite Potato Salad recipe. I always make a double batch so that there will be left overs the next day. My DW just paces around the kitchen waiting for me to finish each batch. Even My kids who have not developed a keen appitite for good Potato salad agree that this it the best they have ever tasted. Thanks for posting this recipe!!
We enjoyed this, but I think a couple of tablespoons of fresh parsley or even lemon thyme would have been a good addition. I would love to add in a couple of hard boiled eggs and some crispy bacon another time. The addition of the parmesan to the mayo makes for a lovely creamy dressing.
We had this as one of our sides at our christmas barbeque dinner and was thoroughly enjoyed. I used an apple cider vinegar as that was all I could get and had to use tasty cheese as I had run out of parmesan. I also doubled the dressing and used half over a pasta salad (that went down well too). I also made the day before and chilled it (I feel that really help develop the flavours but will try it warm one day).