Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Top Review by MarylandMomof3
This is really good! I made it with a few changes. I used a bag of frozen cranberries, 1 small diced apple, and 1/2 brown 1/2 white sugar and used only 1/4 t nutmeg. Otherwise followed the recipe. I was afraid it was going to be too sweet, but once the cranberries popped, the tartness required the amount of sugar. I can't imagine this with 1/4 C craisins as I would think it would be way sweet. I love nutmeg, but 1/4 t seemed to be enough spice for the whole bag of cranberries. Might want to start with 1/4 and taste before adding the rest.
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (16 ounce) brie round
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons spiced rum
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- assorted cracker
- apple, slices
- pear, slices
Directions See How It's Made
- Put pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan; bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes or until lightly toasted, stirring once after 4 minutes.
- Trim rind from top of brie round, leaving a 1/3 inch border on top.
- Place Brie on a baking sheet.
- Mix together the cranberry sauce, brown sugar, rum, and nutmeg; spread mixture evenly over top of Brie.
- Bake at 500° for 5 minutes.
- Take out of oven and sprinkle with toasted pecans; serve with crackers, apple and/or pear slices.
- **2 tablespoons orange juice may be substituted for rum.