Prep 15 mins
Cook 23 mins
Enjoy this slice-of-heaven cookie warm-just minutes out of the oven. Or bake it ahead and heat up as many wedges as you like just before serving.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease large cookie sheet.
- On waxed paper, combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In 3 qt saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Remove saucepan from heat.
- With wire whisk, stir in sugars, vanilla, and egg until mixed.
- With spoon, stir in flour mixture just until blended.
- Stir in chocolate and walnuts.
- Spoon batter onto center of cookie sheet and, with spatula, flatten and spread into 8" round.
- Bake 20-23 minutes, until cookie is golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack 5 minutes, then slice warm cookie into 16 wedges.
- Eat immediately.
- Or cool, wrap in foil; to serve warm, reheat in 375 degree oven 5-8 minutes.
I knew this wasn't going to bake correctly after I had mixed everything together. It was a runny batter, nothing like cookie dough. I even added a bit of oatmeal and more flour. I reduced the oven temp by 5 degrees as I thought 375 was too hot. Still, after baking for 18 minutes, the edges were burning. Tasted an unburned portion, and found it tasteless.
This is so easy and scrumptious! My daughter left the pot on the burner while she stirred in the chips (although we had turned it off) and we ended up with a chocolate, chocolate chip cookie since some of the chips melted! Yum, yum. I baked this one twice--the first time I used an 8" pan not thinking about the spreading of the batter. Didn't turn out so well although still good. But, then I used the cookie sheet like the recipe calls for and it spread out quite a bit. I was then able to get the 16 slices out of it and it looked just like a giant cookie. This is a favorite that I will make with the kids over and over again. We may even try it in a 10" cake pan to allow for the spreading yet still have a perfectly round cookie shape.
Mmmmmm...mmm...this is yummy. We enjoyed this one alot. It went very quickly. Thank you!