Prep 0 mins
Cook 25 mins
This delicious dessert from Bon Appetit, Sept 2000, has a decadent molten center.
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate or 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, diced
- 3 eggs, large
- 3 egg yolks, large
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F Butter six 3/4-cup soufflé dishes or custard cups. Stir chocolate and butter in heavy medium saucepan over medium-low heat until melted and smooth; cool to lukewarm. Using electric mixer, beat eggs, egg yolks, sugar and salt in large bowl at high speed until pale yellow and thick, about 5 minutes. Fold cooled chocolate into egg mixture. Sift flour over; fold until well incorporated. Divide batter equally among prepared dishes. Transfer to baking sheet.
- Bake until set at edges but still soft in center, about 18 minutes. Serve warm with whipped cream.