Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
From a Bailey's ad in a magazine.
- 7 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 5 large eggs
- 7⁄8 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup bailey's irish cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 1 pinch salt
- 10 1⁄2 ounces pieces bittersweet chocolate
- vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a metal bowl combine the first 2 chocolates.
- In a saucepan bring butter to a boil and pour it over the chocolates.
- Whisk until the mixture is smooth.
- In another bowl whisk together eggs, sugar, Baileys, and vanilla.
- Add chocolate mixture to egg mixture and combine well.
- Sift dry ingredients over chocolate mixture and combine until smooth.
- Arrange 10 4-inch tart rings, sprayed with vegetable oil spray, on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Divide the mixture among the rings smoothing the top, and push a piece of bittersweet chocolate into the center of each one.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until the sides of the cake are formed and the center still appears slightly glossy from being under baked.
- Remove the cakes from the rings and serve each one topped with some of the ice cream.