Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
My little one will only eat his carrots if they are soft, so I created this dish as a side for sweet suppers.
- 2 cups carrots (julienned)
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Place carrots, ginger, honey and juice from pineapple in a sauce pan, cook on high uncovered for about five minutes or until carrots are tender and juice reduces.
- Stir in pineapple and raisins.
- Heat for 2-3 more minutes until pineapple and raisins are heated through.
- Serve warm.
I enjoyed this light, quick, lightly sweet veggie dish. It reminds me of other cold carrot salads I have seen, but I generally prefer a hot side dish.