Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Wonderful salad as part of a festive meal. Low in salt and under 300 calories.
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 175 g walnut halves
- 3 clementines
- 85 g rocket
- 85 g watercress
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Heat half the oil and cook the walnuts until lightly toasted. WARNING - they are quick to burn and taste horribly bitter when they do, watch them constantly.
- Peel clementines, removing the pith. Slice horizontally trying to reserve as much juice as possible.
- Put the leaves, clementines and walnuts in a bowl and toss. Cover until required.
- Just before serving whisk the remaining oil and vinegar together and drizzle over salad. Season if required.