Original Pralines made with Pecans are traditional from the South. I grabbed a bag of nuts one day and did this recipe with Walnuts. Wow, turned out a little lighter and less sweet taste. Great! Now I can eat more than one at a time. Pecans too rich! Some original ingredients from Sara Dolezal, Allrecipes.com
- Combine sugars and milk in saucepan over medium heat. Stirring, with a wood spoon, do not scorch milk.
- Spray baking non-stick spray on cookie sheet or aluminium foil laid on top of thick towels.
- Once mixture boils, stir in butter, walnuts, spices and honey. Continue to heat, without stirring, until between 235 to 240 degrees F. (113 to 116 degrees C) Recommended you purchase a digital thermometer-great investment!
- Once temperature has been reached, remove from heat and let cool 5 minutes.
- Beat until thickened until liquid poured from wooden spoon starts to pour slowly.
- Immediately drop by one spoonfull onto sprayed cookie sheet or foil.
- Let cool and freeze in small bags of 3 to 4 per bag. THESE ARE SOO GOOD YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO EAT JUST ONE!