Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe was included in Food Network version of The Lady and Son's Crab-Stuffed Shrimp (Paula Deen).
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup olive oil
- For Pesto: In a food processor, blend all ingredients until a coarse paste is formed.
- Place in an airtight container and refrigerate until ready to use.
- (Yield: about 1 1/2 cups).
We loooove pesto and this was no exception. I did use 4 cloves garlic and added almost 1 ts salt. No need to be bland.
You'll need to season it well with salt and pepper; came off a little bland but the texture was ok.