Recipe by Vylet Chef
This is my own recipe I just made today and it was delicious ^^ So please try it out. It is freakin delicious!
Top Review by threeovens
Very delicious meal. I could see this as a terrific use for leftover chicken, or for a rotisserie chicken. I made it to take to work for lunch and it re-heated fine. Made for PAC Spring 2011.
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves (packed)
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese (freshly grated)
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (medium sized, minced)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 lbs chicken breasts (Diced, Boneless, Skinless)
- 3 garlic cloves (smashed)
- 1 lb egg noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the basil in with the walnuts, pulse a few times in a food processor. Add the garlic, salt and pepper then pulse a few times more.
- Slowly add the olive oil in a constant stream while the food processor is on. Stop to scrape down the sides of the food processor with a rubber spatula. Add the grated cheese and pulse again until blended.
- If the chicken is frozen, then cook the chicken in about a half cup of water till it is thawed enough to dice into cubes. Smash the garlic and add to the water and finish cooking the chicken.
- Boil a pot of water and add the egg noodles and cook to desired softness, I like mine a little al dente so it only took about 6 minutes. Drain the water from the noodles and chicken and mix it all together with the pesto.