Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
For ZWT6. From Larousse Treasury of Country Cooking. Denmark.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs, separated
- 3 ounces walnuts, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter and flour 8 x 8 inch baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl. Mix graham crackers crumbs, sugar and baking powder.
- Beat egg yolks lightly, add to the dry ingredients and stir. Stir in walnuts and vanilla. Mix well.
- Beat egg whites in a separate bowl with a pinch of salt until stiff. Gently fold into the graham cracker mixture. Pour into baking pan.
- Bake untill golden brown, about 25 minutes.
- Let cool in pan, cut into bars.
- Serve with Ice cream or Whipped Cream on top.
These were really good!! Made as directed, and enjoyed as is ( we saw no need for improvement). made for ZWT6 & Zingo by an Xtra Hot Dish.
Nice dessert-very sweet. Reminds me of something my mother makes. Served ours with Renaissance Festival Turkey Legs. Thank you for sharing. Made for ZWT6 Zingo for Unrulies Under the Influence.
This is an interesting dessert. I used half walnuts and half almonds. The graham cracker flavor really shines through so these might be really good with chocolate ice cream and some marshmallow topping ala "fancy smores" (think that is what we will do for dessert tonight!).