- 6 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons dark molasses
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 3 cups walnuts, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a heavy bottom saucepan and stir over medium/high heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Continue cooking and stirring constantly until mixture registers 290 degrees F on your candy thermometer.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in almond and orange extracts and nuts.
- Pour candy onto a greased cookie sheet to cool.
- Break into pieces when firm.