- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup apple cider or 1 cup apple juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups instant rice, uncooked
- 1 small red apple, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and celery in butter for 3-4 minutes or until tender.
- Add the water, cider, salt and cinnamon and bring to a boil.
- Stir in the rice, apple and walnuts.
- Cover and remove from the heat, let stand for 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork.