Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is absolutely my favorite way of preparing baked chicken thighs. I find the coating is enough to coat 7 thighs. I use chicken thighs with the bone in, but I pull the skin off. Skinless breasts may also be used, but we think the thighs are more flavorful. This recipe came from an ad for Diamond walnuts.
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 eggs or 1 egg white
- 2 1⁄2 lbs skinless chicken pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a shallow dish, combine the walnuts, bread crumbs, basil, rosemary, flour and salt.
- In a second shallow dish, lightly beat the egg.
- Roll each piece of chicken in the egg, then in walnut mixture.
- Lay coated pieces on a baking sheet.
- Bake 40-45 minutes in preheated oven until crust is browned.
This was a very nice way to fix chicken and the 45 minute bake time was spot on for my boneless, skinless thighs. The coating was just a bit dry for us...next time I may dot with butter or spray with Pam. Thanks for sharing. Made for AU/NZ Recipe Swap #16