Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook2 hrs 30 mins
from Claire MacDonald of Clan MacDonald These meringues go very well with lemon curd and whipped cream
- Break walnuts into small pieces and dry toast them, allow to cool completely.
- Put the egg whites into a bowl and whisk till stiff, gradually whisk in the combined sugars a spoonful at a time whisking until you have a stiff meringue and all the sugar is mixed well inches.
- With a large metal spoon fold the walnuts quickly and thoroughly through the meringue.
- Divide into 2 or more as required and place onto parchment paper in baking trays, this mix should make enough for 6 servings.
- Bake in a cool oven130C 250F for 2-21/2 hours.
- Take out of oven to cool.