Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Posted for ZWT7 from the www.kenya-information-guide.com
- 2 cups rice, washed and drained
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 500 ml coconut milk
- 500 ml water
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk, extra
- Put the rice, salt and 2 cups coconut milk and water in a pan. Over medium heat bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat, cover with lid and simmer very gently until the rice is done, about 20-25 minutes.
- Just before serving, add thick coconut milk and fluff up with a fork (not a spoon or you will mush up the rice). Serve with beef or chicken stew and vegetables of your choice.
Very good! By itself, it would be a bit bland, but as stated by a previous reviewer, better than plain rice. But as a side to a much spicier dish, it was perfect! Even though it is African, I served it with a Peruvian chicken dish. I am going to have the leftovers tomorrow with a little sugar and milk for dessert :) Made for ZWT 7.
This rice had a mild flavor from the coconut milk but was definately better than plain white rice. I cut the recipe in half and made as directed. Served with African Saucy Chicken and they paired well together. Made for ZWT 7-THE HOT PINK LADIES.
This was easy & well received by everybody! made for ZWT7. :)