Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is from my 365 Ways to Cook Pasta Cookbook. It looks like such a great combination of flavors. I will probably leave out the mayonnaise.
- 12 ounces wagon wheel macaroni
- 1 (16 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook the pasta in plenty of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain. Rinse with cold water and drain again.
- Combine the pasta, chick peas, celery, onion and green pepper in a large bowl.
- Separately whisk the mayonnaise, yogurt, dill, lemon juice and zest, garlic, salt and pepper until blended.
- Fold the dressing into the pasta mixture and serve.