Recipe by Pixie's Kitchen
modified version of recipe from Williams and Sonama January 07 catalog. This is an awesome breakfast and it was fun and easy to make, plus there wasn't a lot of clean up.
Top Review by Boomette
I got enough batter to do 16 french toasts. So next time I'll do half the recipe with 8 slices of bread. I omitted the nutmeg and used more cinnamon. Thanks Pixies :) Made for I recommend tag game
- nonstick cooking spray
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 8 slices wheat bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat waffle maker and spray surface with non-stick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, whisk eggs until frothy, then add remaining ingredients and whisk until well mixed.
- Dip 1 slice of bread into mixture and turn to cover both sides. Place in waffle maker and cook until golden brown.
- Top with syrup or powdered sugar.