1/2 Photos of V's Pepper Blue Pizza
I just one first prize in a contest sponsored by http://www.igourmet.com for the best pizza recipe. I have to say I am SO excited! The requirements were to use at least one ingredient that they carry -- I used five, the 2 cheeses, pepperoni, peppers and tomato puree can all be found on their website. I think the combination of flavors will speak for itself.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 7.08 g yeast
- 236.59 ml warm water
- 354.88 ml white flour
- 236.59 ml wheat flour
- 4.92 ml garlic salt
- 4.92 ml dried basil
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- olive oil
- 236.59 ml cal valls organic tomato puree
- 236.59 ml Peppadew pepper (I prefer mild)
- 473.18 ml grated fontal cheese
- 236.59 ml crumbled crater lake blue cheese
- 118.29 ml thinly sliced molinari pepperoni
- 1Combine yeast and water in a non-metallic bowl and stir until dissolved.
- 2In a separate bowl combine the flours and spices.
- 3When yeast starts to bubble, add the dry ingredients and mix well.
- 4Place dough in a non-metallic bowl greased with olive oil, roll the dough until all of it is greased, cover with plastic wrap and let rise until doubled in size – about 1 hour.
- 5Sprinkle a thin layer of cornmeal onto your pizza pan.
- 6Roll dough out on a floured board to fit your pizza pan (I use 14 or 16 inch pan depending on how thick I want my crust).
- 7Preheat oven to 450 degrees – bake dough in the oven for 10 minutes or until the center of the crust looks firm. (I do this only because my oven does not get as hot as I would like it to for pizza. If you have a pizza oven, then there is no need to pre-bake the crust.).
- 8Remove dough from oven and apply toppings below.
- 9Apply layer of tomato puree onto the pizza crust (I usually use about ½ can).
- 10Sprinkle the fontal cheese on top of the sauce.
- 11Apply a generous amount of peppadew peppers over the fontal cheese (at least ½ jar) I leave the peppers whole, but you can cut in half if you prefer.
- 12Apply the sliced pepperoni.
- 13Apply the crumbled blue cheese.
- 14Brush a bit of olive oil on the rim of the pizza.
- 15Return to the 450 degree oven and bake for an additional 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for V's Pepper Blue Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (213 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 608.7
- Calories from Fat 223
- Total Fat 24.7 g
- Saturated Fat 15.1 g
- Cholesterol 61.4 mg
- Sodium 1038.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 29.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: