The scallops are browned in the garlic and shallot seasoned pan then deglazed with vodka.
Make and share this Vodka Scallops With Seasoned Chipotle and Shallots recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oil in a med-hot pan saute shallots and garlic just till lightly browned add parsley.
- Move shallots to the side of pan or remove from pan leaving as much of the seasoned oil in pan.
- Place scallops in pan and brown 3 minutes without moving till golden brown.
- Flip and cook 2-3 more minutes adding more oil if necessary.
- Remove scallops from pan and place on a serving dish.
- Deglaze pan with the vodka (just enough to cover the bottom of the pan you use)scraping the solids from the pan (add back if removed the shallots) add chipotle sauce toss to heat.
- Pour the shallot sauce mixture over the shallots and garnish with scallions.
These are excellent. DH and I love spicy, hot food so these were not too hot...but close! :) I did not have any shallots so I used a small amount of onion and a bit more garlic. I used some HUGE sea scallops and the cook time was perfect. Thank you!
Ummmmmmmmmm! This was so good! It was not a complicated recipe - that's what I really liked. When I could not locate the "chipotle chili sauce" I used the adobo sauce in which the canned chipotle chilis are packaged. It was so good and spicy without being nuclear. Thanks Rita. Keep giving us such wonderful recipes.
The flavor of the sauce was AWESOME. I agree with Barb, though, using all of the chili sauce was HOT! We'll definitely make this one again.