Shrimp and Shallot Linguini from Trader's Joes
photo by Papa D 1946-2012
- Ready In:
- 1 lb uncooked shrimp, peeled and cleaned
- 4 shallots, chopped fine
- 1⁄4 lb butter, melted
- 1⁄8 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 lb linguine, cooked
- Mix melted butter, olive oil, shallots, garlic, pepper, parsley and lemon juice in a bowl.
- Toss shrimp into mixture.
- Heat skillet on medium.
- Pour shrimp mixture into skillet and saute until shrimp turn pink in color.
- Serve over linguini noodles.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Very easy and good, though a bit unorthodox, as you mix it all together and saute it all at once. That's good as the shallots and garlic can't soften or sweeten as they do in most recipes that require you to saute them first, and so they maintain a certain freshness and firmness. I would still double the garlic, as it already is a scampy kinda dish and garlic rules. I would even throw in a jalapeno if you really want to kick it up a notch. This kind of recipe also allows you to prepare it early in the day, or even the day before perhaps, for cooking later as an added bonus. Quite yummy!